Take a Complete Guide Here
You don’t need to have a High Qualification from any institute or have huge finances to make your vision a reality because All you need is a hard-working attitude, and little money. Kirana stores are very important for every Indian locality and probably one of the only businesses which do not require any Master’s Degree or High Qualification from an Expensive College.
A Kirana Store due to its heavy Market Presence the Competition mostly remains high and doesn’t have a specific Target Audience, With this business, you can earn Reputation & Money in no time.
What is the Kirana Store?
A Kirana Storeis a local store business or market / shop which sells all kinds of products for your everyday needs. Kirana stores commonly used grocery items and consist of daily needs products. During the Covid Pandemic, Local Kirana Stores have surpassed sales of many supermarkets and eCommerce Websites.
How to Open Kirana Store? Step By Step Process
1. Have Business Structure
Every Big Or Small Business converts into a quick disaster without a proper business plan and ideas to execute which is the key to a successful business. Keep in mind about the following details before you start.
- Understand the financial status of your Targeted Customers.
- Analysis the preferences of your potential Buyers.
- Track the needs, choices, preferences, and the frequency of purchasing for them.
- Figure out a Selling Strategy.
2. Select Your Location
Location is the most important part to start a Kirana store. For this you have a fair idea of people’s needs in a specific area, move forward to choose the shop location and make sure this place you choose is accessible by people easily. Keep notice to your competitors and customers. Tracking the people by age groups in your location will help you be clear about the regular products that’ll be in demand and kept in stock.
3. Plan your Funding and Calculate the Investments
Once you decide your Kirana Store Location, then you will make a plan for the funding required to rent a shop, along with other conveniences like infrastructure, utility bills and purchase of the inventory etc. If you are interested in becoming a franchise. For this case, you will only need to pay the franchisor. For your Online Kirana Store and market competition, You must have an e-Commerce Solution that can easily analyze leads for you from different areas.
4. Prepare a Stocklist
When you have finished setting up the store and the infrastructure is ready then you need to Prepare a Stocklist for the items to sell. If you have kept only very little stock then people won’t find what they want, then they may not prefer visiting your store again. And If you have kept a lot of stock and do not find customers quickly, then you may feel anxious about company profit & perishable items going to waste. Therefore use a proper Stock Management plan. Generate a proper stock and a sense of trust amongst nearby customers to get everything they need available at your store even after hours.
5. Analysis Your Competitors
You should analyze your nearby competitive stores to open a successful store. Analysis the shop structure and stock of Competitors. Research your competitors and understand the techniques they use for effective marketing and Create newer tactics. Promising good quality products or promoting certain brands may also help your case occasionally.
6. Go Online for Your Store
Online Business with the dawn of the pandemic, the only way that has managed to survive your Local or Global business. Most people are opting for Online Shopping to avoid going outside to maintain Social Distance.
Therefore go online for your store. Online Business doesn’t just mean home deliveries and WhatsApp for business but also managing your customer accounts which are using Credit / Debit.
Increase Profit of your Kirana Store in India
1. This is a competitive business therefore make sure that the things are visible to customers and arranged so that they could find it easily.
2. It is important that you also stay upgraded. Use the smart system for your business. Apply for a QR code which is a quick and easy method of payment process for the customers.
3. Staying loyal to your customer and remembering their needs is the ultimate way to stand strong amongst every competitor.
4. The most important thing is Advertisement for all small and big businesses to get noticed. Provide discounts and gift coupons to attract customers and make them your permanent visitors.
5. Analyze your customers in person and make sure that you provide them with the brands they want in case of unavailability in your store because after this they will become your loyal customers.
6. Use Social Media Platforms for putting out discount vouchers or exciting offers or giveaways for attracting more crowds.
Setting up a Kirana store is not difficult and you can grow your business within a short time period. Work with dedication and important resources during the initial days and resolve the issues to have a smooth flow of business. This simple process with some effort will Increase your Kirana store business.